If your SpeedLight V2 software is unable to connect to your USB Base, try installing/reinstalling the drivers. See below for instructions.
Speedlight V2 software development ceased before the advent of Win8.
As the USB Base device for SpeedLight V2 Software has been discontinued, you may run into an issue with trying to install unsigned drivers for the device. Fortunately, there is an easy workaround to get the drivers installed and use your device as per normal.
If you wish to use Speedlight V2 software on a Windows machine running WIN8 or higher, manual installation of the USB drivers for the Speedlight Base is mandatory. To achieve this, please follow the points below.
- Download the necessary drivers here and extract them to a folder on your PC:
- 32 bit: 32bit: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM%202.08.24%20WHQL%20Certified.zip
- 64 bit: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM%202.08.24%20WHQL%20Certified.zip
Now we need to allow the installation of unsigned drivers by Windows.
You may wish to print off these instructions or open them on another device before proceeding as you will need to restart your computer.
- Click Start -> Power -> holding the shift key click Restart
- On the Advanced Start Up menu, select Troubleshoot -> Advanced Options -> See more recovery options -> Start-up Settings -> Restart
- After the system restarts, press the F7 to select 'Disable driver signature reinforcement'. Your computer will now restart.
- Log in as per normal.
- Make sure your SpeedLight USB Base is plugged in.
- Hold Win + X, and select Device Manager.
- In the drop-down list under Universal Serial Bus controllers, right-click on SpeedLightTT Base and select Update Driver.
- Select Browse my computer for driver software -> Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer -> Have Disk... -> Browse
- In the drivers you downloaded in Step 1, open 'ftdibus.inf' -> OK
- Select Next and choose to proceed installing the drivers despite any warnings you may receive from Windows about unverified drivers (we're here to help not hinder you we promise!)
Windows should now install the drivers for your device.
Select Close once this is complete.
Your SpeedLightTT Base is now ready to use with your V2 software.